Moving can be stressful, whether it’s across town or across country. At Acorn + Oak we’re dedicated to making renting a house through us the simplest part of your move. We’re easy to work with, easy to get in touch with and most importantly, excited to have you as a new tenant.
We make relocating a breeze by:
- Helping newcomers navigate the Triangle. Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill are all unique places—we’ll assist you in finding the city that will best meet your needs
- Narrowing your search. Sometimes too much choice can be bad thing--tell us your requirements in a property + neighborhood and we’ll help refine your search
- Making the paperwork less papery. All applications and leases can be filled out + signed electronically and application fees can be paid by credit or debit card.
- We're here to help. Quickly + courteously responding to all communication + questions
We’re also committed to making your tenancy with us as comfortable as possible. As an Acorn + Oak tenant, you’ll receive access to:
- Locally inspired welcome packages with info on new home + town
- 24 hour phone line for property related emergencies
- Convenient account access through Tenant Portal for non-emergency maintenance requests
- Simple online rent payment options via ePayments
- Acorn + Oak organized “happy hour” events to introduce new tenants to the area
- Monthly gift card give aways to support both tenant timeliness + our local Triangle businesses
- To pay by ePayment, please log on to your Tenant Portal
- To pay by mail, please mail payment to: Acorn+ Oak, PO Box 600115, Raleigh, NC 27675-6115
- Please make sure your check is made payable to Acorn + Oak and that you include your name + property address on the check
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accept cash payments
In Case of Emergency
Do you see water? Do you smell smoke or natural gas? Please contact us! Acorn + Oak is here to assist with your property related emergencies 24 hours a day.
- Water leaks/burst pipes. Please turn off water at main valve (usually in coat closet or pantry in newer homes) + then call 919.675.1444 (during business hours) or 919.675.1444 ext. 15 (after hours, weekends or holidays)
- Fire and/or smoke inside the property. Please leave the property, call 911 + then 919.675.1444 (during business hours) or 919.675.1444 ext. 15 (after hours, weekends or holidays)
- Gas odor/carbon monoxide detector alarming. Please leave property, contact gas company + then call 919.675.1444 (during business hours) or 919.675.1444 ext. 15 (after hours, weekends or holidays)
High priority non-emergency maintenance issues should be submitted through your Tenant Portal. These requests will be assigned to vendors as urgent + will be remediated as quickly as possible.
High priority non-emergency maintenance issues include:
- No heat if outside temperature is < 50 degrees
- No air conditioning if outside temperature is > 85 degrees
- No hot water
- Refrigerator not cooling
For all other maintenance issues, please submit a request for maintenance through your Tenant Portal + we’ll have it repaired as soon as possible!